Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thoughts, creations and reflections

The mist and rain arrived in the mountains this week. It cooled down and was perfect weather for crafting! It has been a busy week for us here. I have been sorting fabric for some sewing projects and I've done lots of knitting and crocheting as well. On Tuesday one of my girls and I had a trip down the mountain to visit a big craft outlet for supplies. It was so good to wander through the aisles looking at fabric and wool and imagining all the things I could create!
It was also a big week emotionally and I really found myself quite discouraged but my motto is onward and upward. I learned a few new skills and started some new projects. I have been keeping a little book to fill with ideas and to do lists and also to record  achievements and I've found that this has been really helpful and allowed me to focus on the positive again.
I am very grateful to have such supportive friends and family.
I am reminded constantly that life is good.
I am loved and cherished.
There is always beauty to be found in the world.
So keep looking up, even on the bad days.

“Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.”
Walt Whitman



  stay tuned for pictures of the finished product!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice work! I like your stitching! It looks like a flower or vine?

    ReplyDelete