Friday, August 22, 2014

Spring is in the air

I have had a lovely week away spending time with my daughter Claire, her husband and my grandson. It was wonderful to play with him and give him lots of cuddles. He is a delightful little man. 

I have come home to my house and garden. It has rained for a week and everything looks alive and growing. There are bulbs coming out and my plum tree is flowering. 
I harvested some of my winter veggies. 
The Fruit trees are getting ready to bud. 

Oh my the baby chicks have grown so much in a week and Myrtle has started laying again.



I came home to the most beautiful gift from my daughter Sarah. It is a wonderful white Bird house with a rustic metal roof. My husband has fashioned it on to a post and we have found it a home in the garden. I have plans to plant a lovely garden bed around the base of it but we have positioned it under the Japanese Maple... 
I LOVE IT!!

I am excited for spring to arrive in full force.. it will be beautiful!!






2 comments:

  1. I love hearing about your life. It's better then Anne Shirley's Anne of Green Gables!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you lovely Jewell.. Hope you can come visit one day!

      Delete