Thursday, June 19, 2014

Winter

I quite like Winter. I like cuddling up on the sofa with my knitting and a blanket round my knees. I love to cook hearty meals in the slow cooker and have the aroma wafting through the house, making me excited for what is to come! 
I like the shorter days and having to put a coat on to go outdoors. I like the frosty mornings and cooking porridge on top of the stove. 
I love the look of the bare trees with tiny buds holding the promise of spring.
I am a fan of seasons!
In nature as in life. 
I love the stability of knowing after Winter comes Spring, then Summer and Autumn.
After night comes Day.
After nights of weeping and sorrow, there is promise of a new day. A new season of blessing.
All of this is as it should be.


“Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.” 
― Edith Sitwell




My daughter and I have been doing a bit of handcrafting, we love to keep our hands busy and creating is good for the soul !

 There are still a few things blooming in my garden, a few daisies and  the last of my roses and my beautiful Camellia flowers through winter...






“We all know that if the seasons were the same, there would be no growth. We know that without winter there would be no spring. We know that without frosts there would be no bulbs and without the monsoon there would be no rice harvest. In the same way, we also know that without sorrow there would be no joy. Without pain there would be no healing. I think that's precisely where the beauty comes in. It comes in through the fruit of the seasons. He has indeed made everything beautiful in its time.” 
― Naomi ReedMy Seventh Monsoon:




No comments:

Post a Comment